Software Engineer I – Data Engineering at GrowthPal Technologies
We are looking for Software Engineers with at least 1-3 years experience in Data Engineering and/or Backend Engineering to join our team at GrowthPal. We are an early stage startup in the Financial Tech domain working on Data Driven Decision Making in Investment Banking. This will be a great opportunity to have a front row seat view of how a Product Company is built from ground up. For exceptional candidates, we will be happy to discuss competitive offers.
Your primary focus will be the development and maintenance of all the data engineering pipelines and the central database. You will be working with the functions across the board: product, design, machine learning and business development. Data is the backbone of all the features at GrowthPal, hence you will also work on highly availability and site reliability. You would also be working on big data tools while processing and storing Terabytes of data.
- Knowledge of Python and related RESTful frameworks flask, django, fastapi, etc
- Understanding of different types of databases and their utility.
- Developing and maintaining APIs for data access.
- Knowledge of python libraries such as requests, http.client and BeautifulSoup.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to data requests.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Maintenance of documentation, sprints and the code base.
- Mentoring other developers and interns.